Friday, March 4, 2011

Creature Design - Byron Project

I had a lot of fun in the creature Design class, as intense as it was. Terryl Whitlatch is a wonderful teacher.

A freind (who's a modeler) liked my drawings ^___^ so asked if I could design another Aquatic creature for him. I did a lot of sketches and I thought it would be nice to put my progress up as I go with exploring the elements of what he wants in the design. Apart from making it Tiger based and aquatic, you need to be able to ride it.

So here are my rough sketches, will be updated as I continue to progress with the design.





 ( Byron had really liked the fins of my river leopard so thought of reincorporating them on this one)



And I just HAD to do this. Hahaha - Tiger Shark.

Well Byron really liked elements from all three ideas so here is the creature update. He liked the shark type head, the eel based body and the fins of the fish version, as well as the blue green colour combination, so here is their Fusion-Ha!

If they're any changes after this (which I'm sure there will be) I'll upload those as well, then work on drawing it in different poses and directs, then do a final clean painted version.




Byron's 3D mock ups of my creature O__o woot!




No comments:

Post a Comment